How to Use Digital Storytelling & Fundraising to Activate Donors
October 4, 2021 | 2:00 pm CET
The digital giving and fundraising space has been significantly expanded as a result of the pandemic, and nonprofits have the opportunity to connect with a plethora of donors and supporters across the globe. The 2020 Global Trends in Giving Report reveals that 92% of donors worldwide indicate that nonprofits must make financial investments in digital communications to remain relevant. Additionally, 26% of them indicate that email is the communication tool that most inspires them to give, followed by social media (25%) and websites (17%). Clearly, therefore, nonprofits should invest in the kinds of tools that will enable them to effectively inspire, engage and connect with donors and sponsors through digital platforms.
Beyond merely having an online presence, nonprofits must learn to employ a variety of digital platforms and to communicate their stories in ways that highlight the alignment between their priorities and those of their donors. This practical webinar will help nonprofits capitalize on the growing online giving space to help them continue to make a lasting impact on their societies. Upon completion of this webinar, participants will:
- Understand the importance of digital storytelling and learn how to develop compelling stories.
- Learn how to communicate their stories by aligning them to the priorities of prospective donors.
- Discover how to access and engage funders online through digital fundraising strategies.
- Know best practices for using key social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, and WhatsApp) to effectively engage donors.
- Gain access to resources that will help them apply knowledge acquired through this webinar.